I can usually almost tell the temp in the rabbit barn by the way the bunnies are acting....
1. Does sporadically hopping around - under 80*
2. Bunnies sporadically jumping around and over each other - up to 85*
3. Rabbits up and eating - up to 90*
3. Resting quietly -up to 95*
4. Laying down sprauled out - over 95*
5. Panting , nose in air - pushing 100*
The fans and insulation are keeping it cooler this year, but the humidity is what gets to them. This morning was almost 90* outside and a cool 81* inside the barn. Fans are going to keep air moving and humidity down. Bunnies are spaced to 4-5 to a pen where possible, instead of the 8 per pen in cooler weather. Another 6 weeks and we will be through the worst of it. We have decided to stop breeding does until at least mid-August, and then depending on the weather. Heat and humidity can take a toll on does trying to give birth.